Welcome to the Virginia Commonwealth STEM Industry Internship Program (CSIIP)
Paid Interns More Likely to Get Hired: Not all job experience is equal, according to studies that suggest paid internships produce more offers later on." [US News and World Report, May 5, 2015]
In response to the increasing demand for skilled Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) workers in Virginia, the Virginia Space Grant Consortium (VSGC) has created the Commonwealth STEM Industry Internship Program (CSIIP). CSIIP links companies and students in STEM, including but not limited to high-need areas such as Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Engineering, Physical Science and Financial majors (Finance, Economics, Accounting, Statistics). We invite companies offering paid opportunities in all STEM areas (exclusive of Applied Health) to register today.
New to CSIIP - Internship Opportunities for High Needs Technical Certification Areas
In today's technological arena, there is a strong need for individuals with workforce certifications. We are seeking internship opportunities with companies in the four areas below.
- Aviation Maintenance (Aviation Institute of Maintenance, Partner)
- Cybersecurity (Hampton Roads Cybersecurity Alliance, Partner)
- Mechatronics (Southern Virginia Higher Education Center, Partner)
- Geospacial Technology
- Links undergraduate STEM students to companies offering paid STEM internship positions throughout Virginia.
- Offers a one-stop, centralized, online internship application system for spring/summer/fall paid internships.
- Virginia-based companies are able to search our database of pre-screened student applicants to find the best possible candidates for their internships.
- Staff can assist in identifying candidates to meet your company's internship needs.
- Interns and companies are recognized by the Governor for their participation.
- No cost to students or employers to utilize this service. Note: Employer must pay a student if hired.
It's that simple.
To start the process, click here to apply if you are an undergraduate STEM major or a student pursuing one of the four technical certifications above.
Click here to register if you are a Virginia-based employer.
Important Program Highlights
New: Cybersecurity webcast series. If you are seeking a new and exciting career path, check this series out by clicking the Webcasts link.
Funding for this service is provided by the Commonwealth of Virginia.